While most of the items were clothes & shoes for my kids, I was still able to sneak in a couple purchases for myself. I had some money to spend that I'd earned from eBay sales - and I only went over a little. What I bought:
1) LOFT Button-down Shirt - retail $39.50, paid $7.33
*Will be so cute with white shorts, a coral print scarf and sandals.
2) Banana Republic Slub Striped Tee - retail $34.99, paid $8.18
*A great mix of colors makes this more interesting than a solid tee.
3) Calvin Klein Skinny-fit Khakis - retail $69, paid $13.80
*The fit on these is amazing and I can roll up the cuffs for spring.
4) BCBG Max Azria Silk Blouse - retail $128, paid $19
*Paired with a skirt, this will be perfect for a date night with my hubby.
5) Nine West Leather Platform Sandals - retail $69, paid $14.99
*Versatile sandal for the summer months & surprisingly comfortable.
If you live near an outlet mall, it is really worth getting on their mailing list or finding them on Facebook so you are notified of sales. The key is to go at the end of a season/beginning of a new season as I did, because markdowns will be greater. Not sure of locations near you? Check out this website: http://www.outletbound.com/.