By now, you know what I fan I am of quick & easy hairstyles that still look like I put some effort into it. And sometimes, pulling all of it back is the best solution for my bad hair days.
I love this style because it's more sophisticated than a ponytail, but not as perfectly polished as a ballerina bun. And because it is intentionally "undone", it's okay for pieces to fall out through the day and for it to not look perfect. Some examples:
5 Simple Steps:
1) Loosely pull all of your hair back into a low ponytail (you can choose to do this right at the nape of your neck or up a little higher...you could also move it to the side slightly).
2) Secure with a clear elastic or one that matches the color of your hair.
3) Twist your ponytail and wind around the base, forming a traditional but loose bun.
4) Holding the bun in one hand, use the other hand to secure pieces of hair with bobby pins. Work your way around until the look is complete. (It helps to use a small hand-mirror and check the backview as you're working.)
5) Spray all over with a flexible-hold hairspray.