Red is such a bold, dramatic color...it demands attention. Most of the time, I go for a peachy-pink lipstick/gloss combo. But there are times when I'm in the mood for something different, something daring. Particularly when I'm wearing my leopard print scarf (as seen here).
5 Simple Steps:
1) Prep with a lip scrub to ensure the surface is smooth and flake-free. Then, apply an anti-feathering lip treatment around the edges of your lips.
2) Trace the outline of your lips with a flesh-colored liner.
3) Using a lipstick brush, apply the color in small strokes until completely covered. Blot with a tissue and then apply another coat of color.
4) Finish with a small dab of clear gloss in the center of your bottom lip. This helps add just a hint of shine and gives the illusion of fuller lips.
5) Make sure the rest of your makeup is simple. Pared down blush & eye makeup are best with a bold lip.