The key to pulling this off is balance. See how in both these looks they have added liner & mascara to help ground the reflective shadow...but everything else (blush & lips) is kept muted & soft?
How to recreate:
- When working with highly metallic or glittery shadow, make sure you do your eyes first & then your foundation/powder after. That way if any falls below onto your cheekbone, it's easier to clean up.
- After priming your lids, use a flat brush to apply shadow from your lashline to beyond your crease (see photos above)...almost to your browbone, but not quite.
- Blend, blend, blend! And don't forget to highlight the inner corners of your eyes, too.
- Define brows - this step is particularly important with this look.
- Apply liner & two coats of black mascara (I like to use a chocolate brown liner with gold shadow & a charcoal gray for silver, so it doesn't create as stark of a contrast as black would).
- Do a light sweep of blush & a nude lip (stick with more neutral tones vs. pinks)
Products to try:
L'Oreal HiP Metallic Eyeshadow Duo (Platinum or Gilded) - $7.99
Buxom Stay-There Eye Shadow (Chihuahua or Poodle) - $17
bareMinerals READY Eyeshadow 2.0 (Top Shelf or The Perfect Storm) - $20