The lovely Meghan tagged me to do a post sharing 5 things you may not know about me. Normally, I like for PPF to remain fashion & beauty-focused and I try to keep my personal life out of the blog as much as possible. But, I also want this to be a space where I can connect with readers, so on occasion I will take the opportunity to get a little deeper. With that being said, here is my list of 5 random facts about me:
1) I have a photographic memory - this really came in handy when I needed to cram for a final in school or when I was memorizing lines for a play (although it really annoyed the other actors that I knew all their lines too and could remind them when they were wrong). I also have an uncanny ability to remember song lyrics, even if I've only heard them once or twice.
2) My brother, sister & I formed a singing group called "BirthRight" when I was in my early twenties. We performed at funerals, charity events, fundraisers, etc. I still look back at this and laugh hysterically, though we did harmonize pretty well together. But, seriously, what were we thinking?!
3) In 2009, I was diagnosed with Ménière's Disease, which is a hereditary inner ear disorder that affects balance & hearing (my mom also has it). It basically means that I will have to get hearing aids one day, I can't ride on the carousel with my kids & my husband has to repeat himself several times before I actually get what he's saying...though I like to blame it on his mumbling.
4) I don't like ice cream...or any sort of frozen dairy treat, for that matter. I also don't drink milk (even after a super-rich dessert). I think it's due to the fact that I was lactose-intolerant for so many years growing up that my body somehow lost a taste for it.
5) As much as I am a girly girl & enjoy getting all dolled up, I absolutely love camping. Sleeping in a tent, cooking over a little stove, snuggling up around a campfire, hiking through the woods (no makeup or electronics allowed!). It's probably the thing I look forward to the most each summer because it's a chance to get away from our hectic everyday lives - and it can be just our family, playing games together & making memories.