1) You used to do a monthly series where you shared your recent purchases with us. I know you’re not buying any more summer pieces, but I’d be curious to see what you’ve bought so far for the coming season.
Because my closet is only large enough to hold one season’s worth of clothes at a time, I have all of my fall clothes stored away. So I’m trying not to buy any boots, jackets or sweaters until I’m able to get my wardrobe switched over for the new season – then I can really see what I have to work with & if there are any gaps to be filled. However, I am on the hunt for great-fitting black jeans – the pair I wore all last year ended up so faded from multiple washes (would love to hear your suggestions if you have some that have held up well over time!). Here are the items I’ve bought so far for fall:
1) Hooded Cardigan (The softest thing ever & it has thumb holes – great for wearing around the house & after yoga class.)
2) V-Neck Workout Tee (I’m working on swapping out my bright gym clothes for darker fall hues & this has great breathability to it.)
3) Satin Bell Sleeve Blouse (Such a pretty color & satin is a big trend for fall.)
4) Herringbone Leggings (The pattern makes these look so luxe & the high waist means they won’t slip down while I’m running.)
5) Faux Suede Skirt (A-line silhouettes are my favorite and this fabric is so buttery soft! I also think this color will be really versatile with pieces I already own.)
6) Short Sleeve Sweater (Love the texture of this knit – it will be great for wearing both now & later.)
7) Tweed Sneakers (These will be perfect for travel because they slip on & off so easily – even though they’re an athletic shoe, they’d also look chic with a tunic sweater & faux leather leggings.)
8) Lace Trim Cami (Tempted to order more of these in other colors – ideal for layering under cardigans & blazers…see me wearing it here.)
9) Double Ring Belt (Because I adore the Gucci version, but could never afford it – this is as close as I’ll get!)
10) Black Strappy Flats (Subtly edgy & comfortable – these also come in ivory/black & are on sale now)
11) Thorn Mini Hoops (A modern take on the everyday classic & under $20)
12) Locket Necklace (Just the right length – now to try & find a picture small enough to fit inside!)
2) I’ve really gotten into watching YouTube makeup tutorials lately and am having a lot of fun experimenting with different beauty looks. I want to buy some new eyeshadows for fall, but I haven’t been impressed with many of the drugstore brands I’ve tried – I’d love to hear your suggestions for versatile makeup palettes that aren’t too expensive.
I completely understand your struggle – when it comes to color payoff & blendability, I’ve also found that most of the drugstore eyeshadows just don’t stack up as well. I’ve included several versatile options below – I specifically chose brands that I’ve personally used & products that have near-perfect reviews. Sometimes you can also find department store brands for less at TJ Maxx or Marshalls (like this), so I recommend checking there as well!
3) I’m expecting & just finished my first trimester – I used to wear petite XS or S before my pregnancy and my belly is still not very big. I am having a hard time finding good maternity clothes that actually fit (most of the styles I’ve tried are too big for me). Can you recommend some wardrobe staples that will accommodate my growing bump & that are reasonably priced?
First of all, congratulations!! I remember that entering my second trimester was when I started to feel better (less nausea & more energy), so you have that to look forward to! There are lots of stores that carry affordable maternity styles like Gap, Old Navy, Target, Kohl’s and H&M. But ASOS also has a wide selection of options, including Maternity Petite and Maternity Nursing (so you can wear them postpartum as well!). All of the jeans & pants featured below are either a cropped length or come in short so you can find a pair that will work for your frame.