Those of you who follow me on Twitter know that we have been in the process of moving. We finally found long-term renters for our home in North Carolina, so we are settling into a house in the country on 5 acres. It is in a beautiful spot, but the house is older…which means smaller bedrooms and little or no closet space to speak of. My husband, being the amazing man that he is, suggested that we turn one of the extra bedrooms into a “wardrobe room” (yes, it really was his idea).
He said that I could choose the color and design it how I wanted, but it had to be done in an affordable way. “Affordable” for us right now means estate sale shopping, Goodwill hunting & searching through Craig’s List (using mostly money I’ve made selling items on eBay). I knew right away that I wanted it to be serene & glamorous with some vintage touches – think “old Hollywood”. Here is a sneak peek at what I’ve come up with so far:
* Real Simple Slimline Hangers – These magically create more space in your closet because of their slim design…plus the flocking material ensures your silky pieces don’t slip into a crumpled heap on the floor.
* Benjamin Moore Bird’s Egg – I chose this paint color for its calming effect and the way it will pop against the white shelves I’m adding.
* ELLE Mercury Pillar Candleholders – These will be sitting pretty atop my antique curved dresser (which I scored at Goodwill for less than $20)!
* Leather storage bench – This was a piece we previously had at the foot of our bed in the master, but our room in this house is too small for it. It’s not exactly what I wanted for seating, but you have to use what you’ve got!
* Breakfast at Tiffany’s 8×10 Photo – I bought this on eBay for $5, had a taupe silk mat made at Hobby Lobby & am now on the hunt for a frame to put it in.