If you follow me on Twitter or are a fan on Facebook, you may have seen some sneak peek pictures I posted of this DIY project I was working on yesterday. Originally, I was just going to do one…but when I saw how great the results were, I couldn’t help myself! I ended up transforming 3 of my old bracelets into colored confections – perfect for adding a pop of color to my arm parties!
- Choose an opaque or creme nail color that has good coverage – neons & pastels are fun for spring!
- I used some jewelry I already owned, but you can find affordable options at Forever 21 (like this one) or Target. You could also try this on a necklace or earrings.
- Start with just a little bit of polish on the tip of the brush and begin to coat the stone with your paint, being careful to avoid the prongs. (don’t worry if you get some on the metal, you can remove later with a pointed q-tip & some nail polish remover).
- Continue until all the stones are covered with 1 light coat. Let dry for 15 minutes.
- Repeat with a second light coat on each stone. (If your first coat covered well enough & you’re happy with it, you can forgo the 2nd.) Let dry for 20 minutes.
- Cover each stone with a small amount of clear top coat (to protect the paint & give it some shine…if you want a matte finish, you can skip this step.)
- Let dry for at least an hour before adding to your stack!