Usually here on Penny Pincher Fashion, I prefer to share items that are under $100, unless I feel it is a worthy investment. Today, though, I want to share a few splurge worthy items that make great lux gifts. But wait.. most (not all) of these are still under $200! Even better, some of the retailers offer promo codes this time of year and offer discount codes if you subscribe to their emails! Be sure to look for these promos before purchasing! This is your chance to really spoil that special someone (or yourself)! So, if you are in the market for a high-end, one-time, purchase… here is a great gift guide for the luxury lover!
If these gifts are out of your budget, please use this guide to inspire your gift shopping. For example, you can pick any one item below, then go to your designer/retailer of choice, and purchase a similar type of item from them. Easy as that! Also, for more affordable gift ideas, check out this post!
All of the items I’ve selected below are long lasting, beautiful, high quality pieces she will love to open and be able to enjoy for a long time. I hope you enjoy this list as much as I do.
Affiliate links may be used in this post. To learn more, please review our full disclosure statement below (on mobile) or to the right (on desktop). Also, as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Thanks for your support!
1. Cozy loungewear set: Knit pullover , knit sweatpants , knit short , knit robe – The SKIMS line is all the rage this year. She will love any or all of these pieces. The pants or shorts paired with the cozy knit top would make beautiful gift. The knit pullover can even be worn with jeans or leggings for an everyday look. Everything, except the pant, is under $100.
2. Dior Makeup Set: Brush // Primer // Foundation – This Dior primer, foundation, and brush combination will help her achieve the flawless airbrush look. For this being Dior, the price isn’t terrible. Let’s start with the brush, it is $50. This brush has so many great reviews and could be used with other makeup brands. The primer, $36, is a great option to pair with the brush as a gift because you don’t have to worry about getting the shade right. The texture of this primer is so incredibly smooth and helps to keep makeup on longer. Finally, the foundation, $62, comes in 24 shades! I watched a youtube video of this being applied and I was floored. Just go read through the reviews and you’ll see why so many people love this product! Honestly, Sephora has a great return/exchange program, if you buy the wrong shade they will help you correct it, just try and save your gift receipt. Each item is under $70… Buy all 3 for around $150!
3. Watch: Standard Watch or smart watch band – If she likes to wear watches then this is the gift to get. A watch is a nice gift because it will get used a lot and serves a purpose. Unlike other gifts, this is one you know will get used. This Kate Spade Apple watch band comes in several colors and is perfect for everyday wear or dressing up for the office. This standard watch in Black or white is sure to be a favorite. I love the simplicity of the band and gold accents. Both options linked were under $150 at the time of writing this.
4. Silk pillowcase and mask set – Silk is basically the first fabric that comes to mind when I think of the word luxury. This particular set is labeled for travel, but it could also be used for everyday, check out this post where I detail all of the amazing skin and hair benefits that comes from sleeping on a silk pillow case. She is sure to love this thoughtful gift. Buy the set for just under $130.
5. Cashmere Sweater – Second luxury fabric would have to be cashmere. I bought a cashmere sweater nearly 10 years ago and still wear it to this day. The fabric is super soft, lovely, and holds up so much better than other sweaters. I recently found this company, Gentle Herd, that specializes in cashmere & wool. Their prices are great (some cashmere sweaters under $100) and they are transparent about their pricing and quality. When writing this post there was a promo code, GHGIFT, for 25% off. They also offer 10% off right now for subscribing to emails.
6. Luxury Makeup Bag – This is another gift that is splurge worthy because us ladies can never have too many of these. I use several of these currently. I like to use cosmetic bags at home for beauty storage: makeup, brushes, nail polish, nail tools, small creams. They’re so handy and helps keep everything organized. I also have a small bag in my purse for touch up makeup, chapstick, & hand sani. It’s always nice to have a few extra of these on hand for travel. She’ll love to have one of these designer bas to throw in her purse. Louis Vuitton, Gucci , Gucci , Dolce & Gabanna , Burberry , Prada These high-end designer bags were each under $500 at the time of writing this post.
7. Designer Bag – If you are able to splurge a lot more, then a designer bag may be your go to gift. Gifts like this are a one size fits all and will last for several years. There are so many cute bags out there I could not pick just one to share! Tory Burch Leather Camera Bag $298 , Stella McCartney Hobo on sale under $500 , Tory Burch Shoulder Bag $503 , Tory Burch Leather Logo $528, Tory Burch Cream (shown above) $348
8. Chanel Perfume travel set No. 5 // No. 5 L’EAU :This brand screams luxury. I know perfume can be a tricky gift but this scent is both iconic and loved by so many. If you read reviews several women mention using No. 5 for 40+ year which is a great testimony. Now this set is a great gift because it is the perfect size for slipping into a purse or taking when travelling. It comes with a refillable container that can be used again and again. It could technically be refilled with any fragrance which is great, especially if she uses several scents! A luxurious gift that keeps giving! Price ranges from $98-$113 for the set.
9. Designer Sandal – Let’s be honest, us ladies love a beautiful designer look. Maybe the person you’re buying for would never commit to buying these for herself. IF that’s the case she will love opening this gift. I’m tagging a few options: Sam Edelman Logo iconic slide $100 , Sam Edelman platform woven slide $120 , and Tory Burch Logo Slide $228.
10. Kate Spade Sunglasses – Classic black sunglasses by a well-loved designer. These are at Nordstrom for $140.
11. Mini Sensor mirror – This is the ultimate in compact makeup mirrors! For $130 this make up mirror comes with a USB cable, cleaning cloth, and travel case. What I love about this mirror is that it is rechargeable making it a great cordless option. The mirror senses your face and automatically illuminates for a touch free experience. Another great feature is that it folds up nicely, making it easy to store and take when travelling. Currently priced at $130.
12. Drybar Hair Care set – Drybar is another highly rated brand for hair styling products. You get so much for you money (currently priced at $200) with this set. One standard curling iron from Drybar will cost you about $150, so this is a great find! This comes with three interchangeable styling wands, so she will be able to achieve her desired look, easily, with just one tool. Also comes with 1.7 oz charcoal shampoo, 1.7 oz conditioner, heat protect mist, dry shampoo, AND finishing spray!
Bonus super splurge. If the lady you are shopping for is into high fashion, she will adore this gift. Nearly every woman can use a classic black pump for their wardrobe, so why not invest in a Louboutin with the iconic red bottoms. I’m in awe of these. If you are able to buy these, it is a great investment piece for any wardrobe especially if she works in a job that allows her to wear this type of shoe regularly. (The two boots shown below are from Saks, as of writing this post they had a promo code that could be applied for savings. Also check and see if these sites offers discount codes for subscribing to their email!)
These are kitten heel pumps which is much more realistic that the usual Louboutin heel height – $670
If she would rather have a boot, here is a great ankle boot that can be dressed up or down – $1,095
Another great designer boot I would recommend is Cole Hann – $280