1) Make sure the belt hits at your natural waist – it can throw off proportions if it sits too high.
2) Don’t over-cinch it. This can create unflattering “muffin top”-like bulges (never a good look).
2) This technique works best with belts that are at least 1 inch wide or more – skinny belts are better suited for thin knits and cardigans.
3) Use this handy tool to transform a larger size belt to fit you perfectly (or borrow from your significant other’s closet & loop the end through – see example below).
4) Thrift & consignment shops are also great places to look for this type of accessory – you can often find affordable real leather styles that have a cool worn-in vintage look to them.