It has been far too long since I’ve done a hairstyle post. So if you’re like me & looking for something different to try…this twist on the classic chignon is a perfect (and incredibly easy) way to look chic in the new year. This style was featured on the models at the Carolina Herrera Spring 2012 show and will work best for those with medium to long-length hair. Take a look at the finished product & then read on for how to do it yourself:
1) Start with clean dry hair (straightened is best for this style) and part down the middle.
2) Slightly tease at the top for a little volume (if needed) and pull all your hair back to the nape of your neck.
3) Pull out a 1 to 2 inch section of hair from underneath and leave loose.
4) Secure the rest of hair with a clear elastic into a low ponytail – but do NOT pull hair all the way through, forming a loop. Make sure the ends that are sticking out are on the under-side of the loop & not on top.
5) Take the loose section of hair from underneath and wrap around to cover the elastic. Pin in place with 1 or 2 bobby pins.
6) Finish with a light spritz of hairspray.