1) I travel to NYC a lot for my job & I feel like whenever I visit during this time of year, I see everyone in fur vests & coats. I’d love to add one to my closet, but it needs to be faux & I’m looking for something under $100.
I definitely believe that faux fur outerwear can be timeless & versatile if you choose the right style. I have a black faux fur coat from last year that I’ve worn so much – I love that it looks fancy when paired with holiday dress ensembles, but it’s just as easy to wear with casual winter staples like knitwear & denim. Here are a few options to try:
VESTS: ONE // TWO // THREE // FOUR (more styles here, here & here)
COATS: ONE // TWO // THREE // FOUR (more styles here, here & here)
2) I have a couple of nieces & nephews that I need to buy Christmas gifts for and, being that I’m not a mom yet, I have no clue where to begin. Can you share a mini gift guide of cute & affordable items for kids?
As a parent, I tend to buy more practical gifts for my kids. But, one of the many joys of being an aunt is getting to give them fun presents that they will truly enjoy (read: no clothes). Personallly, we are always appreciative when our kids get presents that encourage their creativity & imaginative play, so those are the items I’ve focused on here. Everything featured below is under $40 & many are on sale now!
1) Wonderful Things Book // 2) Balloon Dog Nightlight // 3) Wooden Guitar // 4) Art Kit
5) Tinker Box Activity Set // 6) Unicorn Sidewalk Chalk // 7) Karaoke Bluetooth Microphone
8) Personalized Apron & Oven Mitt // 9) Mini Rolling Pin // 10) Cookie Cutter Set
11) Build Your Own Marble Coaster // 12) Picnic Basket Tea Set // 13) Tabletop Air Hockey
3) I need help putting together a first date outfit – it’s always a little stressful for me because I want something that is cute, feminine, and catches the eye without being too over-the-top or like I’m trying too hard. It’s also difficult because I like to be a little more covered-up on a first date, especially in these NYC winters!
My husband & I met in high school, but we didn’t start dating until after college and our first date was in the winter, so I love this question because it brings back so many great memories for me! I’ve created four date night outfit ideas for you below with easy layers & feminine silhouettes. Some of my favorite combinations include camisoles layered under knitwear or blazers (like this & this), wrap blouses (like this & this) and dresses that accentuate your shape without being too clingy (like this & this).
ONE: Cardigan Sweater // Satin Camisole // Skinny Jeans // Hoop Earrings // Leopard Bag // Boots
TWO: Leopard Coat // Peplum Wrap Blouse // Coated Jeans // Ring Handle Bag // Velvet Booties
THREE: Velvet Dress // Pearl Earrings // Lip Gloss // Clutch Bag // Silver Block Heel Pumps
FOUR: Off-Shoulder Sweater // Plaid Skirt // Faux Fur Bag // Fringe Earrings // Over-The-Knee Boots
The Modern Savvy says
YES to all of this. My favorite post each month!
Tess Felber says
Love love love all the leopard options!
xx Tess | Sequins are the New Black
The Gold Lipstick says
Absolutely love it!
Mireia from TGL
Marianna Atiya says
Thank you for this post!