There is a lot of hype around Olive and June nail polish. The color, the top coat, and everything in between. Are you curious? This post has all of my Olive and June nail polish reviews in one place.
Affiliate links may be used in this post. To learn more, please review our full disclosure statement below (on mobile) or to the right (on desktop). Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please know that this blog post is not sponsored in any way, I wanted to share my true thoughts and opinions on this nail polish. Finding affordable manicure options is tough! My hope is that you will find this information useful.
Want to skip over my lengthy review? SPOILER: I LOVE THIS POLISH. I had great, long-lasting, results using just the color and glossy top coat. Would recommend to anyone!
My Experience with Home Manicures
As long as I can remember, I’ve never been a fan of salon manicures. I’ve gone a handful of times, for high-school dances, my own wedding, and a few other special events.
Professional manicures are time consuming and expensive. Sitting in a chair for at least an hour and paying a lot of money for something I can easily do myself, from the comfort of home, is not appealing to me personally. Especially knowing manicures are so temporary! Most need to be redone after just two weeks.
Most women love the salon routine, though. Others love the routine, but are looking to break the salon cycle in order to save some money, spend time elsewhere, or find safer & less toxic manicure options.
With all of that being said, I have spent countless hours doing my own nails at home. Whenever I try something new I’m always comparing my at home results to that I’ve had with a salon gel manicure.
Recently I’ve discovered and LOVED nail decals. These decals last are ahhh-mazing. They last me at least two weeks and provide comparable results to a salon gel manicure.
There are a few great polishes out there that will last about 5 days without showing signs of wear, though none have truly compare to salon gel. Until I tried Olive and June. Olive and June nail polish is the longest lasting nail polish I have ever used. And I received a ton of compliments on it!
Where to Buy Olive and June Nail Polish
You’ve probably seen this brand all over social media. There are two places I have shopped for Olive and June nail polish:
Olive and June website offers a huge selection of products including, full manicure systems, nail polish, press-ons, nail art, and nail care.
Target has more of a limited Olive and June inventory, but they do offer everything you need for an at home manicure. This is the set I bought, shown below.
Olive and June Manicure Kit
There are various kits available for purchase on the company site that offer various tools for completing your manicure. Here is a list of the various systems currently available.
In addition to a variety of polish colors, the Mani System includes an application tool, cuticle serum, clean up brush, polish remover, nail clippers, a nail buffer, a nail file, and top coat.
Though I did not purchase a full system (yet), they have outstanding reviews! My plan was to try out the polish before committing to a full system.
From my experience with just basic polish and top coat, I would definitely be willing to try the manicure system.
Many of the individual system components can be purchased at Target, though the system bundles are currently not available at Target.
Olive and June Nail Polish Extras
If you are familiar with the systems we just talked about, you know that Olive & June offers everything you need to obtain a salon worthy manicure at home.
I personally only purchased the long-lasting nail polish and glossy top coat. With just these two items, I had great results. But there’s more!
To enhance your manicure preparation, application, and final product, these are some of the Olive & June products also available:
- The Poppy: A universal bottle handle to speed up application. This tool can help you achieve a more precise and steady stroke.
- Cuticle Care Set: This serum and balm duo provide hydration and nourishment to dry cuticle beds.
- Clean Up Brush: This is a MUST for removing stray polish from skin!
- Dry Drops: This formula will speed up the dry time of the nail polish!
- Straight Edge Clippers: To get the shape you want!
Olive and June reviews: Dry Time
For the long lasting nail polish I tried, the dry time was average.
The instructions recommend applying 2-3 THIN coats of polish before the top coat.
Each thin layer took probably less than 3 minutes to dry.
After about 20 minutes the polish & top coat were fully cured and I was able to resume normal activities.
How Long Does Olive and June Nail Polish Last?
As of writing this post the Olive and June website states the following times for their polish options:
- Long-Lasting Polish: 10+ Days
- Quick-Dry Polish: 5+ Days
From my experience testing two different long-lasting polish colors, it maintained a great appearance after 6-10 days. Here is my review of 2 layers of polish + 1 layer of glossy top coat:
- Color #1 was applied during a VERY busy week. We received multiple amazon deliveries, therefore I had to open various boxes and bags. My husband and son both went through an awful stomach bug (I’m still unsure how I avoided that one!), which meant I was constantly washing my hands and did several loads of laundry. I changed my sons sheets twice and our sheets once, this is never an easy job on our nails. There was also a lot of cooking and cleaning in between all of this. Needless to say, my nails went through it! After day 6, my nails looked OK, but I was ready to take the polish off and freshen them up. Photos below!
- Color #2 was applied during a “normal” week. I did standard housework and did not do nearly as much as when wearing color #1. This time, the color maintained a great appearance through day 10. The only reason I wanted to remove the color was because my nails had grown out quite a bit after all this time. The nail tips were in great shape, with minimal fading and chipping.
Removing the Nail Polish
Removing the long-lasting polish + glossy top coat was so easy. I used regular drugstore nail polish remover, not the Olive and June remover, and had zero issue taking it off.
The polish came off easily with a few swipes of remover and my nails were not damaged at all during the removal process.
Olive and June sells remover, however I do not think this is a necessity to obtain a successful at home manicure.
Is Olive and June Comparable to Gel Polish?
In appearance, YES! I receive so many compliments and comments on my nails when I wear Olive & June. Our nanny literally asked me which salon I went to! It looks like a gel polish manicure.
In terms of dry time, Olive and June long-lasting polish will take longer to dry compared to salon gel polish, which takes less time to cure under a salon light. Don’t forget, Olive and June Quick Dry polish is available if you are looking to save on dry time!
For durability, I would say the Olive and June is comparable to gel and will last longer than standard polish I have personally tried.
Removing the Olive and June nail polish is easier and more gentle on nails as compared to gel. Removing Gel always damages my nails, but I did not experience that with this nail polish.
Do I recommend Olive and June Nail Polish?
Yes! This was a very detailed review and overview about Olive and June nail polish.
If you’ve made it this far (you are awesome!), I hope it was clear how much I love this nail polish.
- Color: Beautiful selection of both vibrant and neutral colors.
- Long-Lasting: My long-lasting polish was super durable, with minimal chipping!
- Formula: Streak free application, requiring a MAXIMUM of 3 coats.
- Easy Removal: I used basic drugstore remover.
- Safer ingredients: Vegan, cruelty free and free of 15 (questionable) ingredients
- Wide, short brush: Smooth & easy application
- Minimal retailers: I don’t mind but this is something to keep in mind
This post was all about Olive and June nail polish and Olive and June Reviews. What did you think?! Give this polish a try and let me know!
Be sure to check out my shop page, HERE, to shop all my looks, outfit inspo, gift guides and more.
STAY IN THE KNOW: Don’t forget to sign up for my exclusive newsletter for STYLE TIPS, NEW POST ALERTS, AND MUCH MORE!
As always, thank you so much for stopping by today, I truly appreciate you!