Are you planning a trip to Nashville and wondering what outfits to bring? We’ve got you covered. This post will help you decide what to wear in Nashville and has several seasonal outfit ideas for your visit!
Affiliate links may be used in this post. To learn more, please review our full disclosure statement below (on mobile) or to the right (on desktop). Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thanks for your support!
So, you are planning a trip to Nashville and need some help packing. This city has become a trendy location for bachelorette parties and content creators, therefore it can feel like there is a lot of pressure to “dress to impress”. My advice, don’t over-think it.
Nashville is known as “music city” and is the home to country music. There is so much to do and see when visiting this city, so you’ll definitely want to plan your outfits in advance. You may need outfits for daytime, nighttime, the pool, and special events.
This guide on what to wear to Nashville includes shoppable outfit ideas, advice on what NOT to wear in Nashville, packing tips, and seasonal outfit inspiration. This has everything you’ll need to finalize your Nashville packing list.
What Not to Wear in Nashville
What you wear in Nashville will depend on two things: the events you partake in and the weather.
First and foremost, you likely want to avoid anything that is uncomfortable.
Nashville is a sprawling city with tons of things to do. It is important that you are always comfortable.
The style in Nashville is a mix of western boho & relaxed casual. If you’re looking for tips to avoid looking like a tourist in Nashville, avoid these things:
- Elaborate Outfits: for many first time visitors, it is temping to go over the top with an outfit that is over the top with elaborate rhinestone, fringe, and the works. Dolly Parton comes to mind as I type this. Nothing wrong with Dolly’s style (she’s still got it!), but if you want to blend in rather than stick out, this may be a look to avoid.
- High Heels: Remember, comfort is top priority. Opt for low, chunky heels or boots and spare your feet the pain.
- Too Many Accessories: Again, it is tempting to want to wear it all in Nashville. The hat, the boots, the belt, the fringe, the leather. All of that is fine, but the key is to incorporate these things into your outfits in moderation. Wearing fun boots out to live music? Maybe leave the fringe jacket at the hotel. Make sure your outfit is balanced and still true to your personal style.
- Heavy Layers: While the weather can get very cold in Nashville, the bars and music venues stay pretty toasty! Leave you heaviest coat at home and instead focus on versatile layers.
READ NEXT: TRAVEL ESSENTIALS EVERY WOMEN NEEDS
What is the Style in Nashville
The style in Nashville is a mix of modern western boho & very casual. If you want to fit in with the Nashville style, prioritize these 3 things when planning your outfits.
- Seasonal Weather: Nashville temps and weather fluctuate with every season. Therefore, you should dress accordingly. Winter will be cold. Summer will be hot.
- Casual Attire: You will not need anything super fancy for the extra casual style seen throughout Music City. Casual wear is common and widely accepted at most venues. Think blue jeans, boots, and sneakers.
- Western Boho Aesthetic: Nashville has become very popular with younger crowds in recent years. Therefore you can expect to see a mix of both classic western wear and modern boho style.
Have fun mixing these vibes into your personal style while visiting Nashville!
The Current Trends in Nashville
The most iconic trend in Nashville are boots! A wardrobe staple for Music City. From basic leather to rhinestone covered, they are all there! Boots are a great option for Nashville because of the low, easy to walk in, heel. It can be hard to wear western boots with your everyday outfits at home, so Nashville is the perfect time to sport a pair!
You cannot go wrong with denim in Nashville. It is one of those cities where it is widely accepted at fancy establishments and events!
When it comes to denim, you’ll want to bring jeans, shorts (weather permitting), your favorite denim jacket, and a chambray shirt.
What to wear with blue jeans in Nashville? A leather jacket, of course! If you are visiting music city in the Fall or Winter be sure to bring your faux leather leggings! Leather jackets are great for wearing over a cool graphic tee or pretty floral dress.
Florals & Paisley
A pretty floral blouse or dress is the perfect way to add feminine country/western flare to your look without being over the top.
Can I Wear Heels in Nashville?
Depends on the event, I suppose.
If you are attending an event that requires little maneuvering between locations, then yes! Attending a wedding or conference at a hotel? Yes, wear the heels!
However, a full day of sightseeing, shopping, eating, and exploring will require a more comfortable pair of shoes.
Keep in mind, what you wear should always be dictated by the occasion, the weather, and your personal comfort & style.
What to Wear in Nashville by Season
As I mentioned before, Nashville does experience seasonal weather changes. Therefore, temperatures range anywhere from freezing to the upper 90’s, depending on the time of year. This will impact what to wear in Nashville. Always check the weather forecast before you go.
Below is what each season is typically like in Nashville.
Spring is pleasant in Nashville, with temperatures hovering around 70 degrees during the day. This is the season with the most rain and it can also be quite cold at night.
What to pack: Bring a sweater or a light jacket for chilly nights. An umbrella, rain jacket, and waterproof shoes are worth packing if you’ll be outside a lot.
Hot and humid is the norm for Nashville summers. Rain and thunderstorms happen occasionally as well.
What to pack: A bathing suit if you plan time at the pool. A sundress and comfortable sandals are a must for exploring the city. Leave the jackets at home!
Much like Spring, Fall weather is also very pleasant. Temperatures are very comfortable, with highs around 80 during the day and a significant cool down after the sun goes down. A welcome relief from the heat and rain.
What to pack: Blue jeans are a must in the Fall! Layers should also be considered as the temperature can go from warm to very cool, depending on the time of day.
Generally speaking, Winter temps in Nashville can be anywhere from 30-50 degrees Fahrenheit, sometimes even colder! The good news, you shouldn’t have to worry about snow too much! If it does end up snowing it likely wont accumulate very much.
What to pack: Layers, layers, layers. Jeans, 1-2 jackets, a scarf, and boots are all things I would personally bring to Nashville in the Winter. Don’t forget cozy socks to keep your feet extra warm when outside.
Nashville Outfit Ideas
Here are a few Nashville outfit ideas for each season. To shop each outfit, click on the product image below the outfit
What to Wear in Nashville During Spring
What to Wear in Nashville During Summer
What to Wear in Nashville During Fall
What to Wear in Nashville During Winter
MORE NASHVILLE OUTFIT INSPO
Floral Dress + Knee-High Boots
Maxi Dress + Denim Jacket + Sneakers
White Dress + Belt + Sneakers
Graphic Shirt + Jeans + Boots
Floral Dress+ Belt+ Sneakers
White Button Down + Jean shorts
Monochrome dress + belt + hat
Floral Top + Jeans + Boots
Black Top + Jean Shorts
Cozy Sweater + Hat
Printed Top + Suede Skirt
Be sure to check out my shop page, HERE, to shop all my looks, outfit inspo, gift guides and more.
STAY IN THE KNOW: Don’t forget to sign up for my exclusive newsletter for STYLE TIPS, NEW POST ALERTS, AND MUCH MORE!
As always, thank you so much for stopping by today, I truly appreciate you!